February 12, 2009

Halfelven needs sleep

Should be doing instead of blogging: Working on my book. But at least I'm generating some sort of written output.

Insomnia's a bitch. Well, I do eventually get to sleep, but when you have enough days where you've spent a great deal of time tossing and turning in bed, then combine them with a cold and the incoming crimson tide, the result is a fairly sucky week.

I put it to some use this morning, writing some fiction since sleeping wasn't happening, anyway. It's also given me some time to think about many random things. I feel like I haven't made any progress at all towards my goals. Granted, the combination of sleeplessness, sickness, and girl issues can't possibly help me here, but I'm very negative towards myself even on a good week. I'm thinking that instead of beating myself up about having a pile of craft supplies I'm still trying to figure out how to sort and store, or about not making much progress on my book, I need to take some time to work internally and shape up my attitude. After all, how much progress am I going to make if I'm not positive and confident that I can accomplish my goals? If nothing else, maybe it will make me a nicer person.

It's worth a shot, right? I need to develop the specifics of this plan and put it into action.

0 ramblings back: