February 10, 2009

Sometimes halfelves get sick, too

Should be doing instead of blogging: Sleeping. If only I could.

Spent all day at work helping tie up a major loose end to a big project. Since I've had some lovely trouble sleeping, and thought it might be a good idea to start limiting my caffeine consumption just a little (I sure do pick great days for these brilliant ideas), I was tired and pretty miserable all morning. A few hours after riding the high of a lunchtime caffeine boost from a bottle of soda that you couldn't have pried away from me, I figured that I was starting to feel the crash.

Apparently not.

Luckily, I had the sense to pick up some cold medicine on the way home, and crashed not long after I got home. Unfortunately, now I can't get back to sleep. So here I am, typing away and updating a Facebook that someone set me up with a year or two ago, and I've never even looked at.

Hopefully, I can get some sleep and feel well enough to get to work tomorrow. Not that taking a sick day would kill me — and my coworkers would probably appreciate it.

0 ramblings back: