September 7, 2007

Dreaming of Minimalism

A couple of years ago, I told Scribe that I would love to have a minimalist living space. As is her custom when I announce my latest improbable idea, she sounds encouraging, but gives me a look that says, "Yeah, good luck with that." Still, after reading ZenHabits' A Guide to Creating a Minimalist Home, I'd love to clear out my living space and make it feel more open and peaceful.

Of course, this is hard to do when you have one bedroom, one bathroom, and enough craft supplies to last two lifetimes. Of course, the person who dies with the most craft supplies just leaves a big mess for those still living to clean up, so I've been trying to thin the stash out while at the same time finding new homes for it so I'm not trashing perfectly good craft supplies. That's kind of hard to do when your friends are trying to limit their own stashes, though.

I was trying to clear some things out this week, and did well until I got sick over the past two days. Now that I'm feeling better, it's time to clear more unneeded stuff out. After sleep and work, though. I should've been in bed an hour ago.

2 ramblings back:

everlastingscribe said...

:-D yeah and you have some cool stuff too. Here's hoping it all goes to good homes!

Halfelvenwriter said...

Dude, stop commenting on all my posts. It's getting creepy ;)